In recent years, the market has seen a surge in the growth of online video. With platforms like YouTube and Facebook becoming the norm for sharing information, video has become a staple in today’s learning and marketing. In fact, 96% of B2B companiesplan to use video in their content marketing in the next year (MWP).
Are you wondering whether or not you should be implementing a video marketing campaign? Check out a few of our favorite video marketing statistics and our understanding of these stats to see the prevalence and necessity of video moving forward.
• 48% of marketers plan to add YouTube to their content strategy in the next year (HubSpot)
• YouTube has 1.5 billion viewers (Fox Business)
• YouTube accounts for nearly 21% of all mobile data usage (Fox Business)
• More than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube every day (Business Insider)
• Over 500 million people watch video on Facebook every day (Forbes)
• 84% of Facebook ad revenue is from mobile (Facebook 2016 report)
• 85% of Facebook video is watched without sound (Digiday)
• 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter (Bloomberg)
• 10 billion videos are watched daily on Snapchat (AdWeek)
• 75% of business executives watch work-related videos at least once a week (MWP)
• 54% of senior executives share work related videos with colleagues weekly (Forbes Insights)
• People spend 2.6x more time on pages with video than without video (Wistia)
• 50% of internet users look for videos before visiting a store online or in-person (ThinkWithGoogle)
• Online shoppers who view a demo video are 1.81x more likely to purchase a product than customers who didn’t view the video (DMB Adobe)
• 4 out of 5 consumers believe demo videos are helpful (Animoto)
The numbers say it all: video has grown exponentially in recent years. Nearly 55% of people watch videos online every day, and 78% of people watch videos online at least every week (MWP). These numbers are only expected to grow in the upcoming years. In fact, Cisco predicts that online videos will account for nearly 80% of all Internet traffic by 2020.
What’s spurring this change? In essence, video has become more accessible overall. Video is no longer constrained to television advertisements for large companies with big budgets. With social media, any brand can put out strong video content and see a return on investment. The dissemination of video is easy, simple, and clean.
It’s also becoming easier to create video. This means that more individuals and small businesses have access to video. This then puts more video on the web that consumers can watch. The ease of building and sharing video creates a positive cycle that exponentially grows the breadth and depth of video content.
Moreover, the growth of live broadcasting videos is shaking the content marketing world. Facebook Live videos are viewed for 3x longer than non-live content, according to Facebook’s newsroom. This is because live videos put the viewer right in the action with the speaker or influencer.
Because of the amount of video on the Internet now, consumers are learning how to use video to their advantage. Potential customers watch a demo video before purchasing an item, and they’ll watch an about us video before choosing where to place their brand loyalty. Consumers use video to build a direct relationship with the company and to achieve some sort of instant gratification.
Moreover, with advancements in mobile compatibility, consumers can watch video anywhere, at any time, in any way they want. In fact, online video accounts for half of all mobile traffic overall (MWP).
Video can be a tool for marketing, training, learning, and beyond. As technology advancements have made video more accessible, video marketing is taking the content world by storm.
But we saved the most important statistics for last:
43% of marketers would create more video content if they had fewer obstacles of time and resources (Buffer). But they let those obstacles get in their way.
On the flip side, those marketers who use video grow their revenue 49% faster than non-video marketers (VidYard).
Don’t let time or resources hold you back from revenue growth.
Are you looking to create more content but you don’t have the expertise, time, and equipment to do so? Contact True Film Production now to start building your 2018 video marketing campaign.
Whether you want to launch an idea, spark a movement or simply get people talking about what you do, you have one shot
at delivering your message in a way that matters. Let’s make sure you do it right.